The W1D is a wireless Skype phone which is composed of one base and one handset. The base is a high quality speakerphone, ideal for conference calls. The handset has blue backlighted graphic LCD. Both base and handset ring for incoming calls. You can make/receive a call via the handset without the limitation of USB cable, just like using a mobile
3. Handfree with digital echo cancellation
4. Large graphic LCD with blue backlight
5. Review Skype contacts and call list on handset LCD
6. Both base and handset ring for all incoming calls.
7. Multi-language caller ID display feature
8. Auto-select RF channel to improve the quality of voice
1.3 Technical Data
Standby time: More than 100 hours
Talk time: More than 10 hours
Radio range: 10 meters(
1.4 System Requirements
1. Windows 2000 or XP
2. 400MHz processor and free USB1.1 or USB2.0 port
3. 128MB RAM and 15MB free disk space
4. Any broadband connection or minimum 33.6 Kbps dialup
1.5 Package Contents
1. One handset
2. One base
3. One user manual
4. One installation CD
5. One USB VoIP phone’s bridge
2 Using the USB VoIP Phone
2.1 Phone’s Keypad Instruction
(1) Press to display the contacts list, press / to scroll the contacts list.
(2) Press to call the friend displayed on the LCD.
(3) Press to go back to idle.
contacts are sorted by the first character of their names. e.g.
C: (1) Press to clear any number you input.
(2) Press to switch between the Tabs of the Skype software.
(3) During a call, you can press “C” to enable mute, press “C” again to disable mute
(1) Call out or answer a call.
(2) Press to put call on hold, release call by pressing
: Hang up
(1) Hang up a call or refuse incoming call.
(2) Press the key to go back to previous menu.
: Press to input “+” at idle state, else input “*”.
: Press to scroll ring style at idle state, else input “#”.
0-9: Digital keys
(1) Press to input digital numbers.
(2) Press to send DTMF message while talking.
2.2 Base station’s Instruction
(1) Press to active handsfree.
(2) Press to registrate phone to the base station.
(1) During a call via handset, pressing the Handsfree key, the speaker light will flash.
(2) The speaker light will be on during handsfree, otherwise off.
Place the handset in the base station, the charge light will show two statuses:
(1) When the phone’s battery is full, the light will be on.
(2) When the Phone’s battery is flat, the light will flash.
2.3 Hardware installation
When you connect your base station to your PC with USB cable, the LCD shows .
If the LCD shows： ,that indicates the handset has not registered to the base station .Please do the following steps:
(2) Press and hold the handsfree key(approx.3 secs)
The phone can come back to idle and the keyboard is valid.
2.4 Run Skype
Download Skype software and install it (www.skype.com).
The version must be
Run Skype and log in with Skype account.
You can create a Skype account as shown below:
After software startup, the icon will appear to the system tray as shown below:
That indicates the Skype are successfully connected to Internet. If the icon is shown as, you have to check your Internet connection.
2.5 Run SkypeMate
Insert SkypeMate installation CD or download SkypeMate software, then install it.
Double-click the icon on the desktop, the Skype program will pop up the window as shown below:
Select the first option “Allow this program to use Skype”, click “OK” button.
Note: If you selecte the wrong option, you can make another selection. Please see 2.8. FAQ /problem4 for detail.
That indicates the device and Skype are connected successfully.
If the icon shown as(the phone is green and the outside is grey), please run Skype first.
If the icon shown as(the phone is red and the outside is green), it means USB VoIP Phone is connected incorrectly. Please reconnect USB VoIP Phone to PC.
2.6 Make a Call
Press to display contacts.
Press / to select a contact.
Press to call out.
Go back to idle, press “C” to switch Skype software to “Contacts” Tab.
Press / to select a contact.
Press to call out.
Go back to idle, press / to display the call list.
Press / again to select a contact.
Press to call out.
Add a friend (for example: bbc456) to Contacts
Assign Speed-Dial for it, example "11"
Input number and call out:
call someone in
0086 10 12345678
---------------- ---------- --------------------
country code city code destination number
Note: (1) You can input “+” instead of “
(3) If you want to use this function, you should buy SkypeOut Credit from www.skype.com first.
With the handsfree function instead of holding the handset to your ear, it can be put on the table in front of you to allow others to participate in the call.
Enter the number from the phone’s keyboard and press to call out.
Press the Handsfree key,.The speaker light will flash.
Place the handset in the base station.
Press the Handsfree key to end talking.
(2) Press the Handsfree key and the Handsfree is activated .
When a call comes in, USB VoIP Phone will ring. Press to answer the call, or press to refuse it.
(1) When a call comes in ,the base station will ring. Press handsfree key to answer the call.
(2) During the talking via base station, press handsfree key to end the talking.
2.9 State Instruction
(1) Idle state
a. Skype online b. Skype offline c. Missed call
(2) The icons display in call list
a. Incoming call b. Outgoing call c. Missed call
(3) The icons display the battery condition
a. flat to full
b. flashes:battery almost flat
c.flashes: battery charging
(4) The icons display in contacts
a. Online b. Offline c. SkypeOut
2.10Automatic select RF channel
This function is effective to improve the quality of handset’s voice when the voice is not so good. It will automiatically select RF channel for communications.
(1) Right click the icon on the taskbar and select Advance
(3) Select Auto selection RF Channel to enable this function.
(4) Click the icon “OK” and the function is active.
(5) When the voice isn’t so good, the the handset and the base station can automatically select a new channel to improve the voice.
2.11 Mannual select RF channel
If you know one RF channel is not used bye other RF equipment, you can use this function to give a fixed channel for W1D.
(1)Right click the icon on the taskbar and select Advance
(3) Enter the number from the PC’s keyboard.
(4) Click “OK” to select a new channel for the handset and the base station.
There is no ring can be heard or the ring tone is too low.
You can go to Skype, choose “Tools-> Options->Sounds”, click “Play sound”, click “Import Sounds”. Under the default installation catalogue, for example: C:\\program\skypemate, you choose”RING.WAV”. Then, you should choose RING.WAV beside of “Play sound”, click” Save”.
I am not able to hear any sound through the earphone?
Please execute the “Control Panel->Sound and Video () ->Audio”, set Sound Playback and Sound Recording’s preference device to your sound card. See below:
I can’t play music through the USB Phone?
The voice is played from the PC’s sound card instead of the USB VoIP Phone when I make/answer a call?
Execute “Tools->Options->Sound Devices” to open the window as below:
Set “Audio In” and “Audio Out” to “USB Audio Device”.
Skype is running, but the icon of SkypeMate still show as (the phone is green and the outside is grey)?
You have selected the wrong option, go to Skype, execute choose “Tools-> Options-> Privacy-> “Manage other programs’ access to Skype”, choose the needed option, click “Change” button to open the “Manage API Access Control” windows, and make another selection.
The base station is running, but the phone’s keyboard has been invalid for many seconds.
You must register the phone to the base station. See 2.3 Registration Phone to the base station.